Are you an awesome UX designer with a passion for great experiences, empathy for users and love taking your passion to work? We might be looking for you!
As we expand our ecommerce platform and accelerate growth, we are looking for an experienced Lead UX Architect to drive our design team and create innovative, elegant customer experiences across our platforms, from app to web across mobile and desktop.
In this role you will work closely with product owners and technology teams to translate user and business needs into usable and engaging retail ecommerce experiences. This position is responsible for UX design from concept to completion, including sketching, creating conceptual wireframes and prototypes. You will need to be comfortable challenging business requirements, and actively think and test from a users’ perspective in this role.
In addition to creating new design solutions for Lazada, you will define standards and styles that will ensure consistency throughout our online presences. Collaboration is key to how we work; you can work without close supervision but are open to feedback and are willing and excited to work with others to bring products and features to life for our customers.
You love to solve complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same. A passion for creating engaging and beautiful experiences is a key component for success in this role.
- Should be comfortable with requirements gathering, stakeholder facilitation, challenging stakeholders
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them via sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, or other methods as needed
- Drive user research activities such as user testing (both formal and informal) and act as the voice of the user within the organisation
- Support your design work using all available insights including qualitative and quantitative data.
- Managing and leading 2-3 team members whilst getting hands on with design.
- Lead Lazada in pushing the boundaries of UX across all our features and products – in particular engagement and scalable solutions.
- Work with product owners, designers, and engineers to create elegant solutions for real customer needs.
- Define and maintain design standards and patterns across Lazada products.
- Help define UX methodologies and grow team skills and capabilities.
- Stay up to date on industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technology and promote them within the larger UX team.
- Extensive portfolio demonstrating the application of a user-centered design process on big scale projects as well as illustrating leadership around complex experience design solutions
- 7+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or a similar role.
- Expertise with tools such as Axure, Sketch, Invision and Photoshop
- Confidence working mobile first on responsive design or device agnostic design
- Confidence with human-centered user interface design standards/methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, conceptualization, and visual communication ability.
- Ability to articulate theory and research behind design choices and design philosophy.
- Proactive work style – takes initiative to improve products and processes, proactively communicates with teams, follows up on issues, and brings projects to closure.
- Familiarity with user interface patterns for native mobile (iOS/Android) and mobile web.
- Experience with Agile or Lean UX would be desired.
- Understanding of behavioural psychology and use of social proofing in design
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
Has this role caught your interest? Apply now!